- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 serrano peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 pound ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 small onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup bok choy leaves, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots, julienned
- 1 cup julienned roasted sweet red peppers
- 3 serrano peppers, julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs, optional
- 1 large egg, beaten
- In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients. Add chicken; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 3/4-in. balls. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown meatballs in batches; drain. Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Add stock, tomatoes, onion, bok choy, carrots, red peppers, julienned serrano peppers, garlic and salt. Cook, covered, on low until meatballs are cooked through and vegetables are tender, 6-8 hours. If desired, stir in panko. Without stirring, drizzle beaten egg into slow cooker. Let stand for 2-3 minutes or until egg is set. Freeze option: Before adding egg, cool soup. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally; add broth if necessary. Without stirring, drizzle beaten egg into soup. Let stand 2-3 minutes or until egg is set.
1-1/3 cups: 147 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 836mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.