- 2 teaspoons butter
- 16 ounces fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place butter in a 12-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet. Place skillet in oven until butter is melted, 1-2 minutes. Carefully tilt pan to coat bottom and sides with butter. Spread blueberries in bottom of pan. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, flour, milk, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour egg mixture over blueberries.
- Bake until center is puffed and edges are browned, 30-35 minutes. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon if desired. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
1 piece: 188 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.