- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons capers, drained
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/4 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/4 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) uncooked couscous
- 2 medium zucchini or yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise
- 2 medium sweet yellow or red peppers, quartered
- 1 Japanese eggplant, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup Greek olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- In a small bowl, whisk the first 10 ingredients. Refrigerate until serving.
- Cook couscous according to package directions. Meanwhile, brush the zucchini, yellow peppers and eggplant with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat until crisp-tender, 10-12 minutes, turning once.
- Chop grilled vegetables; place in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, olives, parsley, basil and couscous. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Serve warm or chilled.
Test Kitchen tips
3/4 cup: 272 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.