- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups refrigerated unsweetened coconut milk
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dairy-free margarine, softened
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, cocoa and baking soda. In a small bowl, whisk coconut milk, sugar, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 15-20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat margarine until light and fluffy. Beat in confectioners’ sugar, cocoa, milk and vanilla. Frost cupcakes.
1 cupcake: 265 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.