- 1 large baking potato
- 3/4 teaspoon butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 ounces bulk pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced chives, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Additional sour cream, optional
- Scrub and pierce potato; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high until tender, 15-17 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add the egg; cook and stir until set. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- When potato is cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving thin shells. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with sour cream. Stir in the bacon, 2 tablespoons cheese, 1 tablespoon chives, parsley, salt, pepper, egg and sausage. Spoon into potato shells.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 375° until heated through, 12-15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and chives. Serve with additional sour cream if desired.
1 each: 375 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 149mg cholesterol, 590mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.