- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 3-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots (about 5 ounces), thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk. In another bowl, mix flour, salt and baking powder; add to egg mixture and mix well. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat. Stir batter. Fill a 1/4-cup measure with batter; pour into center of pan. Quickly lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn crepe over and cook until bottom is cooked, 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing pan as needed. [When cool, stack crepes between pieces of waxed paper or paper towels.]
- For filling, in a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add peas and carrots and onion; cook and stir until tender, 8-10 minutes. Stir in flour until blended; gradually whisk in milk and broth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 5-8 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients; heat through.
- Spread 1/4 cup filling down the center of each crepe; fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Wipe out skillet. In batches, heat remaining 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Cook crepes until golden brown, 2-4 minutes on each side.
2 filled crepes: 434 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 170mg cholesterol, 1063mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.