- 4 large baking potatoes
- Olive oil, optional
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- TOPPINGS: salsa, sour cream, Cotija cheese, cubed avocado and chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 400°. Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. If desired, rub with oil. Bake until tender, 50-75 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thickened, 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- With a sharp knife, cut an “X” in each potato. Fluff pulp with a fork; season with salt and pepper. Spoon beef mixture over top. Serve with toppings.
1 stuffed potato: 484 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 600mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 8g fiber), 29g protein.