- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each ) Mexican petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (61-70 per pound)
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- Hot cooked rice
- Optional: Lime wedges and chopped cilantro
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir until crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes. Add lemon juice, garlic and sugar; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Add tomatoes with juices, shrimp and tomato paste. Cook, covered, on low until heated through, 2-3 hours. Serve with rice and if desired, lime wedges and top with chopped cilantro .
1-1/2 cups: 313 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 195mg cholesterol, 712mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein.