- 1 boneless lamb shoulder roast (3-1/2 to 4-1/4 pounds)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 cups beef stock
- 3/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 3/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 24 slider buns
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown meat. Transfer meat to a 6- or 7-qt. slow cooker. In the same skillet, cook and stir carrots, shallots and garlic until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Add stock, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Pour over lamb. Cook, covered, on low until lamb is tender, 6-8 hours.
- Meanwhile for pesto, place mint, basil, pine nuts and salt in a food processor; pulse until chopped. Continue processing while gradually adding oil in a steady stream. Add cheeses; pulse just until blended.
- When cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones; discard bones. Shred meat with 2 forks. Strain cooking juices, adding vegetables to shredded meat; skim fat. Return cooking juices and meat to slow cooker. Heat through. Serve on buns with pesto and feta.
1 slider: 339 calories, 22g fat (7g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 459mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.