- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha chili sauce or 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Optional: Sesame seeds and thinly sliced green onions
- Cut beef into 1/4-in.-thick strips. In a large bowl, whisk the first 7 ingredients until blended. Pour 1 cup marinade into a shallow dish. Add beef; turn to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 2-8 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain beef, discarding marinade in dish. Thread beef onto 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium-high heat or broil 4 in. from heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally and basting frequently using 1/2 cup of reserved marinade.
- To make glaze, bring remaining marinade (about 3/4 cup) to a boil; whisk in 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch. Cook, whisking constantly until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Brush kabobs with glaze just before serving. If desired, top with sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
2 kabobs: 264 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 1480mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein.