- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) pale ale beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 2 pounds uncooked shell-on shrimp (31-40 per pound), deveined
- French bread baguette, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, 8-10 minutes. Stir in barbecue sauce and beer.
- Place shrimp in a 13×9-in. baking dish. Pour barbecue mixture over top. Bake, uncovered, until shrimp turn pink, 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway. Serve with baguette slices.
1 cup: 339 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 168mg cholesterol, 883mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.