- 1 cup crushed gingersnap cookies (about 20 cookies)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, mix crushed cookies, pecans, brown sugar and salt; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake until lightly browned, 5-7 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat eggs, pumpkin, milk, spices and salt. Pour into crust. Bake on a middle oven rack until center is set, 50-60 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour.
- For topping, in a large heavy saucepan, combine brown sugar, cream, corn syrup, butter and vinegar. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 240° (firm-ball stage), stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in pecans and vanilla. Pour over pie immediately. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
1 piece: 684 calories, 35g fat (11g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 372mg sodium, 89g carbohydrate (74g sugars, 5g fiber), 10g protein.