- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 pounds), halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 jar (16 ounces) mango salsa
- 24 whole wheat dinner rolls, split
- Rub roast with garlic and lemon pepper. Transfer to a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker; top with pineapple and orange juice. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 50 minutes. Let pressure release naturally. A thermometer inserted in pork should read at least 145°.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred pork with 2 forks. Return pork and cooking juices to pressure cooker. Stir in salsa; heat through. Serve with rolls. Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture and juices in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary.
1 slider: 211 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 349mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1-1/2 starch.