- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 pounds bone-in beef short ribs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Select saute or browning setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Adjust for medium heat; add oil. When oil is hot, brown ribs in batches; set aside.
- Add butter to pressure cooker. When melted, cook and stir leek until tender, 2-3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add stock to pressure cooker. Cook 1 minute, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Press cancel.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; spread over ribs. Return ribs to pressure cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 40 minutes. Let pressure release naturally.
1 serving: 232 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 324mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.