- 1 medium spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise, seeds removed
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives with pimientos
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- Place trivet insert and 1 cup water in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Set squash on trivet, overlapping as needed to fit. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 7 minutes. Quick-release pressure. Press cancel.
- Remove squash and trivet from pressure cooker; drain cooking liquid from pressure cooker. Using a fork, separate squash into strands resembling spaghetti, discarding the skin. Return squash to pressure cooker. Stir in tomatoes, olives, oregano, salt and pepper. Select saute setting and adjust for low heat. Cook and stir until heated through, about 3 minutes. Top with cheese and basil.
3/4 cup: 92 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.