- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 8 ounces fresh snow peas, trimmed
- 3/4 cup Asian black bean sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Halve roast; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Select saute or browning setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Adjust for medium heat; add 1-1/2 teaspoons oil. When oil is hot, brown one roast half on all sides. Remove; repeat with remaining beef and 1-1/2 teaspoons oil.
- Add broth to pressure cooker. Cook 2 minutes, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Press cancel. Return all to pressure cooker; add onion.
- Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 60 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes; quick-release any remaining pressure. A thermometer inserted in beef should read at least 160°. Press cancel.
- Remove roast; keep warm. Add mushrooms, snow peas and black bean sauce to pressure cooker. Select saute setting and adjust for low heat. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender; 6-8 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pressure cooker. Simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Serve with roast, hot cooked rice and green onions.
1 serving: 286 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 635mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.