- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold water, divided
- 1/2 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- Grated orange zest
- Place 1/2 cup water, orange juice concentrate, barbecue sauce, chipotle pepper, salt and garlic powder in a blender; cover and process until blended.
- Place chicken and onion in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker; top with juice mixture. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 6 minutes.
- Quick release pressure. A thermometer inserted in chicken should read at least 165°. Press cancel. Remove chicken from pressure cooker; keep warm.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and remaining 2 tablespoons water until smooth; gradually stir into pressure cooker. Select saute setting and adjust for low heat. Simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Spoon over chicken; top with orange zest. Freeze option: Place chicken in freezer containers; top with sauce. Cool and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a covered saucepan, stirring gently and adding a little water if necessary.
1 chicken breast with 1/4 cup sauce: 246 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 315mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch.