- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup golden raisins or raisins
- Hot cooked rice
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Place onion, red pepper and garlic in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker; top with chicken. In a small bowl, whisk broth, brown sugar and seasonings; pour over chicken. Top with tomatoes and raisins. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 6 minutes.
- Quick-release pressure. A thermometer inserted in chicken should read at least 170°. Thicken cooking juices if desired. Serve with rice and if desired, parsley. Freeze option: Place chicken and vegetables in freezer containers; top with cooking juices. Cool and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a covered saucepan, stirring gently and adding a little broth if necessary.
1 serving: 298 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.