- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 small butternut squash (about 2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas or garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 12 dried apricots, halved
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 to 3 teaspoons harissa chili paste
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- Plain Greek yogurt, optional
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Adjust for medium heat; add oil. When oil is hot, add garlic, paprika, ginger, cumin, salt, pepper and cinnamon; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Press cancel.
- Add squash, zucchini, chickpeas, red pepper, onion, apricots, water, harissa and honey. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 3 minutes. Quick-release pressure. Press cancel. Gently stir in tomatoes and mint; heat through.
- If desired, top with yogurt and additional mint, olive oil and honey.
3/4 cup: 127 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 6g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.