- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2-1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chickpeas or garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Hot cooked rice
- Optional: sliced red onion and lime wedges
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Adjust for medium heat; add oil. When oil is hot, cook and stir onion until crisp-tender, 2-4 minutes. Add garlic, ginger and dry seasonings; cook and stir 1 minute. Add stock to pressure cooker. Cook 30 seconds, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Press cancel. Stir in chickpeas, tomatoes and potato.
- Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 3 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes; quick-release any remaining pressure. Press cancel.
- Stir in lime juice; sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with rice and, if desired, red onion and lime wedges.
1-1/4 cups: 240 calories, 6g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 767mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 9g fiber), 8g protein.