- 1 package fully cooked andouille sausage links (14-1/2 ounces) cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 medium green pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons plus 4 cups water, divided
- 2 cups dried lentils, rinsed
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each ) stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- Sour cream, jalapeno slices and cilantro
- Select saute or browning setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker; adjust for medium heat. Cook and stir sausage, onion and green pepper with 3 tablespoons water until vegetables are caramelized, 6-8 minutes. Stir in remaining water and all other ingredients.
- Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 15 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes; quick-release any remaining pressure. If desired, serve with sour cream, avocado and jalapeno. Freeze option: Freeze cooled chili in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary.
Test Kitchen tip
1 cup: 267 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 849mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 6g fiber), 17g protein.