- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 cup strawberry spreadable fruit
- 1/4 cup port wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 8 pork rib chops (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onions, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook and stir until tender. Stir in spreadable fruit, wine, vinegar and mustard. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add tomatoes; cook 2-3 minutes or until softened. Stir in basil and lime juice.
- Sprinkle chops with remaining salt and pepper; place on greased grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with sauce.
1 pork chop with 1/4 cup sauce: 355 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 436mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.