- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2-1/4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2/3 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides.
- Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° until a thermometer reads 145°, 1 to 1-1/2 hours. Remove roast to a serving platter; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar, cinnamon and lemon zest. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until sugar is dissolved, 2 minutes.
- Add the rhubarb, strawberries and rosemary. Cook and stir over medium heat until rhubarb is tender and mixture is slightly thickened, 15-20 minutes. Discard cinnamon stick and serve with pork.
4 ounces cooked pork with 3 tablespoons chutney: 243 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.