- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups coarsely crushed Oreo cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups finely crushed Oreo cookie crumbs
- 24 mini Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in crushed cookies.
- Fill prepared cups three-fourths full. Bake 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, confectioners’ sugar, milk and vanilla; beat until smooth. Fold in cookie crumbs. Pipe or spread frosting over cupcakes. If desired, sprinkle with additional cookie crumbs and garnish with mini Oreo cookies.
1 cupcake: 411 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 346mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.