- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Chopped candied orange peel, additional powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in orange zest and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition (batter may appear curdled).
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 45-50 minutes.
- Poke holes in warm cake using a fork or wooden skewer. Mix confectioners’ sugar, melted butter and orange juice; spoon slowly over cake. Cool 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack; cool completely. Serve with candied orange peel and additional confectioners’ sugar.
1 slice: 474 calories, 22g fat (13g saturated fat), 145mg cholesterol, 341mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.