- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 medium ripe pears, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest, divided
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place butter in a 10-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet; place pan in oven until butter is melted, 3-5 minutes. Carefully tilt pan to coat bottom and sides with butter. Sprinkle with brown sugar and 1 tablespoon orange zest. Arrange pears in a single layer over sugar.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, coconut oil, egg and remaining 1 tablespoon orange zest until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture alternately with cream.
- Spoon over pears. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 45-50 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm.
1 slice: 352 calories, 19g fat (14g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 283mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.