- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 envelope fajita seasoning mix, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions for al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet oven over medium-high heat. Add chicken and 4-1/2 teaspoons fajita seasoning; cook and stir until no longer pink,5-7 minutes. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet. Add onion, green pepper and remaining 4-1/2 teaspoons fajita seasoning. Cook and stir until crisp-tender, 5-7 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from pan.
- In the same skillet, add broth, diced tomatoes, green chiles, cream and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Return macaroni, chicken and vegetables to skillet; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese.
1-1/3 cups: 448 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 1304mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.