- Roasted turkey drippings
- Chicken broth or water
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- Pour turkey drippings into a measuring cup. Skim fat, reserving 1/4 cup; set aside. Add enough broth or water to the drippings to measure 3 cups.
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms in reserved fat until tender. Add onion powder and rosemary; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended.
- Gradually stir in the drippings mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in browning sauce if desired.
2 tablespoons: 30 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.