- 1 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, chopped
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoncini, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup cocktail onions, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) unsliced Italian bread
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced Genoa salami
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/2 pound sliced mortadella
- 1/2 pound sliced Swiss cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced provolone cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first 14 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours.
- Cut bread in half horizontally; carefully hollow out top and bottom, leaving a 1-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use). Spoon half of olive mixture over bottom half of bread. Layer with salami, ham, mortadella, Swiss and provolone cheeses; top with remaining olive mixture. Replace bread top. Wrap tightly. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight. Cut into 8 wedges.
1 slice: 762 calories, 59g fat (18g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 2326mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein.