- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup dark molasses
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 frozen deep-dish pie crust
- Whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients. Stir in coconut. Pour into pastry. Cover edge loosely with foil. Bake until center is set, 45-55 minutes. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack. If desired, serve with whipped cream.
Test Kitchen tip
1 piece: 486 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 80g carbohydrate (66g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.