- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook macaroni in boiling water for 3 minutes. Add carrots and peas; return to a boil. Cook until macaroni is tender, 5-6 minutes longer. Drain; add ham.
- In a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the milk and cream cheese. Cover and microwave at 50% power for 3 minutes; stir. Cook until cream cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes longer. Stir in mozzarella, Parmesan, basil, salt and pepper. Pour over pasta and toss to coat.
1-1/2 cups: 284 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 609mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 18g protein.