- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons finely chopped toasted pecans, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk until blended. Whisk in flour and salt until smooth (do not overbeat). Stir in 3 tablespoons pecans, lemon zest and juice.
- Generously grease a 6-cup popover pan with nonstick spray; fill cups half full with batter. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350° (do not open oven door). Bake until deep golden brown, 10-15 minutes longer (do not underbake).
- Meanwhile, combine butter, honey and remaining 2 tablespoons pecans. Immediately remove popovers from pan to a wire rack. Pierce side of each popover with a sharp knife to let steam escape. Serve immediately with pecan honey butter.
1 popover: 325 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 332mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.