- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen shredded phyllo dough (kataifi), thawed
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup mango nectar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, whisk the butter, cream, honey, cinnamon and vanilla. Gently pull phyllo apart and add to bowl; toss to coat. Press onto bottom and up the sides of prepared pan. Bake until golden brown, 40-45 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Remove foil.
- Meanwhile, in a small heavy saucepan, whisk egg yolks, sugar, mango nectar, lemon juice, cornstarch and zest until blended. Add butter; cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture comes just to a boil and is thick enough to coat a metal spoon.
- Remove from heat immediately. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer into a small bowl. Stir in mango; cool. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Refrigerate until cold.
- Spoon filling into crust. Garnish with mandarin oranges and grapes. Remove rim from pan. Dust with confectioners’ sugar.
1 slice: 424 calories, 27g fat (16g saturated fat), 158mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.