- 2-1/2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 50 cookies)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 7 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 medium navel orange
- 2-3/4 cups whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped kumquats (about 4)
- Semisweet chocolate curls, sliced kumquats
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, combine gingersnaps and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 8-in. springform pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Place chopped chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; stir with a whisk until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Finely grate enough zest from orange to measure 4 teaspoons. Cut orange crosswise in half; squeeze juice from orange. In a large bowl, beat ricotta cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in chopped kumquats, orange juice, zest, vanilla and cooled chocolate mixture. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake until edges are lightly browned and top is dry to the touch (center 5 inches of cheesecake will not be set), 70-80 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- Remove rim from pan. Top cheesecake with chocolate curls and thinly sliced kumquats.
1 slice: 435 calories, 25g fat (15g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 279mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.