- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 5 cups)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) clam juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) minced clams, undrained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Oyster crackers and fresh thyme, optional
- Place first 10 ingredients in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Drain liquid from clams; add to pressure cooker and set clams aside. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 15 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Select saute setting and adjust for low heat. Mix flour and cream until smooth; stir into soup. Cook and stir until slightly thickened, 6-8 minutes. Stir in clams; heat through. Serve with bacon and, if desired, crackers and fresh thyme.
1 cup: 227 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 673mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.