- 2 bottles (64 ounces each) unsweetened apple juice
- 20 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1/3 cup whole cloves
- 2 medium lemons
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker combine apple juice and cinnamon sticks. Place cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth or a coffee filter. Gather corners of cloth to enclose cloves; tie securely with string. Add to slow cooker.
- Using a citrus zester, remove zest from lemons in long narrow strips. Cut lemons crosswise in half; squeeze juice from lemons. Stir zest and juice into slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on low until heated through, 3-4 hours.
3/4 cup: 85 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.