- 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 4 slices (3/4-in. thick) hearty Italian bread
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces smoked Gouda or smoked cheddar cheese, cut in 4 slices
- 1 medium pear, thinly sliced
- 4 slices Canadian bacon, cooked
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- Heat 1 teaspoon butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat; add eggs and scramble until set. Divide eggs between 2 slices of bread; sprinkle each with salt and pepper. Layer bread with cheese slices, pear slices, Canadian bacon and spinach. Top with remaining bread.
- If using a panini maker, spread remaining butter on both sides of sandwiches. Grill according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown and grill marks show, 6-8 minutes.
- If using an indoor grill, spread half of remaining butter on 1 side of both sandwiches. Place buttered side down on grill; press down with a heavy skillet or other weight. Grill over medium-high heat until golden brown and grill-marked, 3-5 minutes. Remove weight; spread remaining butter on other side of sandwiches. Return to grill buttered side down; replace weight. Grill until golden brown, another 3-5 minutes.
1 sandwich: 629 calories, 33g fat (17g saturated fat), 461mg cholesterol, 1510mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 38g protein.