- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill prepared cups three-fourths full. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Frost cupcakes. Refrigerate leftovers.
1 cupcake: 284 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.