- 10 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- Whipped cream and additional maple syrup, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottom of a greased 9-in. round baking pan with parchment; grease paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, maple syrup and brown sugar until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In another bowl, whisk flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, allspice, nutmeg and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition (batter may appear curdled).
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 50-55 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack; remove paper. Cool completely. If desired, serve with whipped cream and additional maple syrup.
1 slice: 368 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.