- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a Dutch oven, mash the blueberries. Stir in sugar, pomegranate juice and lemon juice. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir for 1 full minute. Stir in crystallized and ground ginger.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
The processing time listed is for altitudes of 1,000 feet or less. Add 1 minute to the processing time for each 1,000 feet of additional altitude.
2 tablespoons: 108 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.