- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Optional: Honey, whipped cream and maraschino cherries
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add cornflakes and cinnamon; cook and stir until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in sugar. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream, evaporated milk and salt until it begins to thicken. Gradually beat in condensed milk and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Sprinkle half the cornflakes onto bottom of a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Spread filling over crust; sprinkle with remaining cornflakes. Cover and freeze overnight. Cut into bars. If desired, serve with honey, whipped cream and cherries.
1 bar: 276 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.