- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 package (5 ounces) fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Optional: shredded Parmesan cheese
Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat; add ground beef and onion. Cook and stir until beef is no longer pink, 5-7 minutes. Drain. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, broth, pasta and seasonings. Stir; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. Top with spinach; cover just until wilted. Stir. If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
2 cups: 452 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 773mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 30g protein.