- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 9 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 3 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Optional: minced fresh cilantro, lime wedges, salsa and sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Spread 1/4 cup chicken mixture over bottom of Dutch oven. Top with 3 tortillas, overlapping and tearing them to fit, a third of the chicken mixture and a third of the cheese. Repeat twice.
- Bake, covered, until a thermometer reads 165°, 50-60 minutes. If desired, serve with additional cilantro, salsa, sour cream and lime wedges.
Dutch-Oven Enchiladas Tips
What variations can you make to Dutch-oven enchiladas?
There are plenty of ways to make this recipe your own. We recommend substituting the shredded chicken for soy chorizo, steak or carnitas. For toppings, try out radishes, green onion, avocado slices, salsa or jalapenos. Unexpected Dutch-oven recipes like this have endless room for customization.
How long do Dutch-oven enchiladas last?
Dutch-oven enchiladas last for about 3 days in the refrigerator. If you’d like to enjoy your enchiladas for longer, they last for about 3 months in the freezer in an airtight container. Follow our freezer tips to ensure your enchiladas taste fresh after they’re defrosted. Our black bean turkey enchiladas and simple creamy chicken enchiladas are great freezer options, too.
What’s the difference between burritos and enchiladas?
There are a few key differences between these two Mexican dishes. First, enchiladas typically use corn tortillas whereas burrito recipes often use flour. Both dishes wrap tasty meats, rice, beans or veggies in a rolled tortilla—but enchiladas are often smothered with a chili pepper sauce, cheese and other toppings.
1 serving: 541 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 1202mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 6g fiber), 39g protein.