- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced potatoes, drained
- 2 cans (7 ounces each) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 can (8 ounces) bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 to 3 teaspoons Thai red chili paste, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (61-70 per pound)
- 2 packages (8.80 ounces each) ready-to-serve long grain rice
- In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, 4-5 minutes. Add broth, potatoes, corn, coconut milk, bamboo shoots, curry powder, if desired, chili sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, until flavors have blended, 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add shrimp; heat through. Prepare rice according to package directions; serve with curry. Sprinkle with additional curry powder.
1 serving: 354 calories, 13g fat (10g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 1112mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.