- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 30 wafers)
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, combine the first 9 ingredients. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes.
3/4 cup: 505 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 137mg sodium, 81g carbohydrate (65g sugars, 5g fiber), 7g protein.