- 18 medium fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Remove stems from mushrooms (discard stems or save for another use); set caps aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the crab, mayonnaise, bread crumbs, cheese and garlic. Stuff into mushroom caps. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° until mushrooms are tender, 20-25 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
1 stuffed mushroom: 51 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.