- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups (about 7-1/2 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups frozen grilled chicken breast strips, thawed and chopped
- 3/4 cup green enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Pico de gallo, optional
- Sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, corn, zucchini and poblano pepper; cook and stir until tender, 8-10 minutes. Add chicken, enchilada sauce, cilantro, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Brush remaining oil over one side of each tortilla. Place half of the tortillas on two baking sheets, oiled side down. Sprinkle each with 1/2 cup cheese and top with 1 cup chicken mixture, remaining cheese and remaining tortillas, oiled side up. Bake until golden brown and cheese is melted, 7-9 minutes. If desired, serve with pico de gallo and sour cream.
1 quesadilla (calculated without pico de gallo and sour cream): 1083 calories, 55g fat (27g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 2449mg sodium, 94g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 8g fiber), 56g protein.