- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup amber beer or root beer
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 24 cooked bacon strips
- 12 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first 9 ingredients. Place chicken in a greased 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker; pour sauce over top. Cook, covered, on low until tender, 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken; shred with 2 forks. Return chicken to slow cooker; heat through. Serve on buns with bacon and lettuce.Freeze option: Freeze cooled, cooked chicken mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary.
1 sandwich: 401 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 1175mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.