- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups 1% milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium banana, coarsely mashed
- Honey, sliced banana and cinnamon, optional
- In a blender, combine 1/2 cup flour, whole wheat flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, egg an oil; cover and process just until smooth. Gently stir in remaining 1/2 cup flour and mashed banana.
- Place a greased large nonstick skillet over medium heat. In batches, pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto skillet; cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is brown golden brown. If desired, serve with honey, sliced banana and cinnamon.
2 pancakes: 236 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 304mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.