- 1 small eggplant, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sun-dried tomato salad dressing
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 10 flavored tortillas of your choice (10 inches)
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the eggplant, onion, red pepper, zucchini and garlic in salad dressing for 3 minutes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat; stir in tomato and Parmesan cheese.
- With a 3-in. biscuit cutter, cut 48 circles from tortillas. Cut a slit halfway into each tortilla circle. Shape into a cone; place in a miniature muffin cup. Spoon 4 teaspoons vegetable mixture into each cup. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until tortilla cups are crisp and cheese is melted. Serve warm.
1 appetizer: 40 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.